Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm Out of Focus

It's been a week since I last posted. A full week that passed in an absolute blur. It's pretty rare that this happens to me, since I'm pretty good about budgeting time to fit in all the stuff I want to do. But although I know that I knit, I'm showing no progress on projects. I know that I cooked, but can't remember a single recipe to share. I know that I read, but don't feel like I made much progress there. And to top it all off, I'm pretty sure that I completely forgot to exercise all week, so weigh-in should be fun!

I'm feeling a bit like that scene in Deconstructing Harry where the actor - not the lens, not the foreground or background, but the actor - is out of focus.

I can tell you, at least, that I know what happened. There were three major contributing factors:
  • The Return of Netflix - Now that Westley has finished ME3 (and yes, he was ticked about the ending, too), the television is back and we've been making up for all the streaming we haven't done all month. I'm not usually a TV junkie, but when it's been a while, I find myself zombified. Now that the novelty has worn off, I fully expect to return to my regularly scheduled programming.
  • Elvis Weekend - Westley and I joined our good friends Joker & Red at Summer Nites in Wildwood, NJ for the annual March Elvis Weekend. There was sangria-infused hottubbing, a rousing round of Truth or Dare, a trip to Gateway (a legendary arcade - Westley won me a Yetti!), and an intimate performance from Keith "King" Gipson. It's a great time, with lots of dancing and Red playing Ann-Margret. But between packing for the weekend and all of the alcohol consumed during, it's really no wonder that I've got a few over-taxed or outright dead brain cells.
  • Baby Shower Extraordinaire - I hitched a ride on Sunday all the way from Wildwood, NJ to Washington Crossing, PA for JQ's baby shower. I don't have the pics from that yet, though, so I'll have to write more about it later. But for now, let's say that the buffet, the cake, the mimosas, and the gifts were all quite decadent...
In any case, it's time to recommit and get moving again. I'm working on my shopping list and I've got some really great plans for this week that I'm looking forward to sharing, so I hope you'll all check in with me again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment